Sunday, 25 May 2008

Political escapism

I could give you a long post on my thoughts on Crewe based on my experience on the doorstep but there's lots of that and the result is the result at the end of the day. I could pontificate about political scenarios, urge caution, demand action, be optimistic, pessimistic, frustrated, resolute or reckless. I could recommend going into political hibernation for a while. But I'm  not going to do that.

If British politics is just too painful and you still need your political fix why not try something different? Become an honorary US citizen for while. Start off at realclearpolitics.com then watch Meet the Press on MSNBC later. You're off. It's fun, uplifting, unpredictable. There's stats, personality, scandal, laughter, tears, pain and joy. Try it- it will be good for your health and well-being.

Alternatively, kick the habit altogether. Pick up a book. Meet some friends. Get off the internet. Go down to the pub. Do the garden. Don't go to the park- the weather is horrible (glad I'm not a Hay-on-Wye trendy, lefty drowned rat.)

Whatever you do. Relax and take it easy for a while.

1 comment: