Tuesday, 19 February 2008

The first football post

I know that there is a great deal of eagerness for me to start posting about football. I now feel ready.

A tremendous Liverpool performance to defeat Inter Milan 2-0. The referee was absolutely spot on all game apart from failing to penalise Vieira's handball and award Liverpool a deserved penalty. I have been Kuyt's biggest critic but I'm willing to partially forgive his almost complete lack of technical ability for tonight. Should we finish the job at the San Siro (and let's not forget, this Inter Milan team is basically Juventus in disguise- very high quality) then it will be great to have something to cheer for the rest of the season. The thought of a war of attrition for fourth place with Everton, Aston Villa, and Manchester City and nothing else fills me with dread.

Great to be able to enjoy a football match for a change without always having to think about who to blame. Owners? Manager? Players? We'll leave that for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment